SM64 Machinimists Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SM64 Machinimists Forum

Lets revive SM64 Machinima!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hey, welcome to the 1st SM64 Machinimists Forum! Enjoy your stay!

Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rin Yukihara
~The Crystal Admin~
Rin Yukihara

Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan Empty
PostSubject: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:49 pm

As mentioned before, SM64 died because we lost important resources. The most important tool was Mario 64 Movie Maker, made by OneWingdAngl.

M64MM was an amazing tool that could freeze the games camera, in place, perfectly. This allowed for many amazing things to become a possibility. No code has ever matched it's success, and probably never will. This tool, unfortunately, only worked on Windows XP (Other OS's running XP still can't get it to work, I believe). As everyone eventually moved on to better computers, they lost this tool.

OneWingdAngl disappeared, and noone's seen him since. Many people have gone out to seek help on getting the program to work on other computers. One person, Chance, managed to find a group of people who probably COULD do it, but they just found the whole project uninteresting.

My plan is to talk to some professionals, see how much it'd probably cost to port the program, and start a fundraiser to pay for it ('Cause I don't have money). If this works, the program will be released to the public as freeware.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TRPSnow
Royalomg
Royalomg

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:04 am

If this does get released will you post a download on the website?
Back to top Go down
Rin Yukihara
~The Crystal Admin~
Rin Yukihara

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Of course. ^-^ The whole point of getting it back was to share it with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Royalomg
Royalomg

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:26 pm

How much would it cost to make this?
Back to top Go down
Rin Yukihara
~The Crystal Admin~
Rin Yukihara

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:45 pm

No clue, unfortunately. When I'm able to, I'll talk to someone familiar with programming.
Back to top Go down
CaptainSwag101

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Rin Yukihara wrote:
No clue, unfortunately. When I'm able to, I'll talk to someone familiar with programming.

I have some experience with programming, and I'm currently working on Mario 64 Movie Maker 2.0. I'm currently using CheatEngine, and I think the first version may be released for Project64 1.6, because 2.0 and 2.1 dynamically allocate memory, meaning it's incredibly difficult to find a constant pointer to the RAM addresses needed.

Currently, I've already found the address and opcode which can be used to freeze and unfreeze the camera from almost any area, even ones which the old program couldn't. All that I have left to do is create a trainer program with buttons to toggle the camera, once I confirm the opcode in Project64 1.6. If anybody can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
CaptainSwag101

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:06 pm

I have a big announcement! I have released the beta of Mario 64 Movie Maker 2.0! You can download the source code on GitHub, or download the program itself here: https://github.com/jpmac26/M64MM2/releases

Last edited by CaptainSwag101 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix link to go to latest versions)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan   Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario 64 Movie Maker Plan
Page 1 of 1